Community Places Ryhill is situated within the Wakefield area and is a specialist residential service for adults with a learning disability, complex needs and associated
behaviours that may challenge.
The bungalow has all onsite facilities including a shared living area and kitchen, two bedrooms with access to individual bathrooms, one en-suite and one stand alone. There is a pleasant garden for a variety of activities.
The bungalow is situated in the village of Ryhill, with a wealth of community amenities including cafes, shops, pubs, hair salons, sporting facilities and access to the countryside.
There is easy access to local transport covering the areas of Barnsley, Hemsworth, Wakefield and other local areas.
This service provides:
• 24 hour support with on site manager.
• Bespoke and person centred care.
• Empowerment and encouragement to
develop personal skills.
• Monitoring, support and documentation of individual aims, goals and achievements.
• Trained staff to address and support a variety of needs.
• Support to access local transport to the
• A clear working ethos of that “all we do is with the individual and not for the individual”.
• Ongoing health and wellbeing promotion to support a healthy lifestyle.
There are many opportunities for service users to develop new skills. Individuals are encouraged to take part in the running of the household including budgeting and shopping.
We encourage access to personal and community projects
including education, recreation, sport and other pastimes.
Our staff promote person centered practices promoting
individual and bespoke care packages. Our staff are trained in a variety of areas including first aid, medication delivery,
documentation and other bespoke requirements including
epilepsy and MAPA.